"..the baby is one of the youngest to die “anywhere” from COVID-19 complications... A 6-week-old newborn from the Hartford area was brought unresponsive to a hospital late last week and could not be revived"
Данные 10 дневной давности по Испании и др для детей (0-10 лет):
- In Spain (with 28,600 total cases as of March 21, nearly as many as America’s 31,000), 34 out of the 129 cases among children 0 to 9 years old resulted in hospitalization, a rate of 26 percent; one child was put in the ICU (a 0.8 percent rate); and there have been no fatalities.
- Across Italy, South Korea, and China, there have so far been no reported fatalities among children under 10 years old, according to data compiled from public sources by the widely followed anonymous biotech investor and former scientist who goes by AndyBiotech on Twitter.
- аsymptomatic (4%),
- mild:ОРЗ (50%), or
- moderate:воспаление легких (40%)
Средний возраст- 7(+-5) лет, большинство- мальчики (57%),
Тhe worst outcomes in children were often among infants.
Как это протекает у детей, на стр 7:
1. Asymptomatic infection: without any clinical symptoms and signs and the chest imaging is normal, while the 2019-nCoV nucleic acid test is in a positive period.
2. Mild: symptoms of acute upper respiratory tract infection, including fever, fatigue, myalgia, cough, sore throat, runny nose, and sneezing. Physical examination shows congestion of the pharynx and no auscultory abnormalities. Some cases may have no fever, or have only digestive symptoms such as nausea, vomiting, abdominal pain and diarrhea.
3. Moderate: with pneumonia, frequent fever and cough, mostly dry cough, followed by productive cough , some may have wheezing, but no obvious hypoxemia such as shortness of breath, and lungs can hear sputum or dry snoring and / or wet snoring. Some cases may have no clinical signs and symptoms, but chest CT shows lung lesions, which are subclinical.
4. Severe: Early respiratory symptoms such as fever and cough, may be accompanied by gastrointestinal symptoms such as diarrhea. The disease usually progresses around 1 week, anddyspnea occurs, with central cyanosis. Oxygen saturation is less than 92%, with other hypoxia manifestations.
5. Critical: Children can quickly progress to acute respiratory distress syndrome (ARDS) or respiratory failure, and may also have shock, encephalopathy, myocardial injury or heart failure, coagulation dysfunction, and acute kidney injury. Organ dysfunction can be life threatening.
The study showed that about 30 percent of childhood Covid-19 cases deemed “severe” and more than half of Covid-19 cases deemed “critical” were among children less than 1 year old. Though the overall numbers were small — 7 infants had critical illness and 33 suffered severe illness — it did show that younger children faced a higher likelihood of more dangerous outcomes.
Infants appear more vulnerable than toddlers and elementary school kids.
The proportion of severe and critical cases was 10.6 %, 7.3%, 4.2%, 4.1% and 3.0% for the age group of <1, 1-5, 6-10, 11-15 and ≥16 years, respectively.
Overall, though, only a small number of children under 10 years old are requiring hospitalization because of Covid-19.
В США, только 2% детей с Ковид-19 нужна госпитализация.