Отдельным случаем идет вспышка вирусной лихорадки эбола в Демократической Республике Конго.
По данным на 5 октября 2014 года, в этой стране заболевших лихорадкой эбола- 71, умерших- 43, так что смертность- 60.5%.
Cреди умерших от лихорадки эбола- 8 медработников. То есть, примерно каждый десятый.
Все еще мониторятся более 300 контактов.[read more]
• 8 health personnel have died of Ebola Virus Disease (EVD) since the outbreak of the epidemic.
• On 7 October, the total number of cases is 71(see table above for details) of which 43 deaths, an overall lethality rate of around 60.5%. The latest confirmed case was on 24 September.
• As of 5 October, 1 121 contact cases had been recorded: 305 are currently being tracked and 816 others have already been discarded from the follow-up of 21 days.
• The Humanitarian Coordinator in DRC has allocated US $ 2.5 million of the Common Humanitarian Fund (Pooled Fund), representing almost one third (30.1%) of the total budget of US $ 8.6 million presented by the Congolese Government to fight the Ebola Disease. This amount will support the Government's response efforts in the areas.
• The World Health Organization (WHO), the United Nations Children Fund (UNICEF) and the Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) have deployed their replacement teams in Lokolia. The official hand over date from those currently working in Djera region has been postponed to 7 October, originally set for 30 September.
• Internal quality control operations on all examined-samples are taking place in the mobile laboratory in Lokolia. The mobile laboratory is technically supported by Winnipeg Canada Laboratory, especially in the areas of collection and transport of samples.